Mother Nature has been hard on our forest this winter, much like it feels Father Time has been on me. I feel very close to my surroundings now, commiserating with how the land must feel after a long harsh winter.
We haven't had new snow for a couple of weeks now, but what we had, has been very slow to melt. The snow has melted off the deck at least and I have been able to drag a few pieces of furniture out of storage so I can sit outside and enjoy the sun, but it is not in my nature to sit and watch snow melt. I want to mow the lawn, plant flowers, clean up all the broken and fallen branches and trees and soak up the great outdoors. Meanwhile, I have to keep trying to lose the weight I put on this winter. It seems very stubborn this year, kind of like my body is saying it is not warm enough yet, I am sticking around. I am eating very healthy and exercising a lot so I know it will take a hike at some point but again, patience is not my thing at all!
Last week, life got in the way of my running. I only got one three-mile run in and that always makes me feel bad. So this week I renew my determination to get in at least 3 runs and a couple of hikes now that I can actually get through the snow to hike. It is starting to be pretty enough to take nature pictures again.
Today I wanted to get some of our surroundings photographed. I wore a pair of dark denim trousers and a light blue top that I got a year ago and haven't worn until now. A very comfy outfit and perfect for our 70 degree, sunny day!
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. My posts may be off schedule for a week or two, while I work on cleaning up outside, wait for the rest of the snow to melt and hopefully physically re-energize! I'm really dragging lately.
- The Rich Life on a Budget and Everything Just So for How I Wear My
- Style Nudge for Shoe and Tell
- Not Dressed As Lamb for I Will Wear What I Like
- Fizz and Frosting for Mix It Mondays
- Living in Color Style & Stylin In St. Louis for Spotlight Weekly Link Up
- Not Dead Yet Style for Visible Monday
- Happiness at Midlife for Throwback Thursday
- Fashion Should Be Fun for Fun Fashion Friday
- Forage Fashion for
- Mom With Style, Posh Classy Mom, Threads for Thomas for Weekend Wear Link Up