Today I wanted to share the results of a recent survey disseminated on my blog. I am not an expert in developing surveys, so I used a professional survey service called Survey Monkey. I had about an 8% response rate running the survey for two weeks. An average response rate for external surveys is around 10% so I was a little under that.
I have an average of 1900 page views on my blog each month. January of this year (2016) was a record month for me with 4200 page views. Comparatively these numbers are not large but I remind myself that when I started I didn’t expect to have even one reader. Northwest Mountain Living is really, for me, my journal, a creative outlet, and a way to remind myself to appreciate life. I am honored that others take the time to see what I am up to!
Here is a rundown on what respondents reported.
1. Which topics do you enjoy the most? Respondents had the option to choose all that apply.
81% said Style/Fashion
44% said Health/Wellness
69% said Home Life
The results suggest I am hitting it about right. I do mostly fashion, followed by home life and then some health and wellness.
2. How many posts per week do you prefer?
69% said three times a week
31% said two times a week
0% said once a week
It looks like I am close to meeting expectations of the majority of readers. I try to post three times a week.
3. Which days of the week do you prefer to receive a post?
56% said Monday/Wednesday/Friday
31% said Tuesday/Thursday
13% it didn’t matter to them
4. When asked the time of day preferred by readers to read posts they said:
38% Any time of day was fine
5. I asked if readers would like to know where I purchase items shown on my blog.
94% said yes
6% said no
6. When asked if they would like to see ads or links to where I purchased items, respondents said:
50% said yes
31% said no
19% said they didn’t care either way
7. I asked readers if they followed me on social media.
33% follow on Instagram
25% follow on Twitter
58% follow on Pinterest
33% follow on Google+
42% follow on Facebook
8. I asked how readers know when I put up a new post.
31% are notified by the email option provided on the blog
0% said they were notified through social media
13% said they followed using Bloglovin
50% said they just check regularly to catch the latest post
9. When asked how often readers visit the blog they reported the following.
33% visit once a week
33% visit twice a week
27% said they visited whenever they were notified of a new post
7% visit once a month
10. I asked readers how long they had been following my blog, which I started in November of 2013.
25% reported reading for less than six months
50% reported reading six to twelve months
25% reported reading for one to two years.
So there you go! Now I have to figure out how to use this information to improve the content of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun for Fun Fashion Friday!