Today I wanted to share the results of a recent survey disseminated on my blog. I am not an expert in developing surveys, so I used a professional survey service called Survey Monkey. I had about an 8% response rate running the survey for two weeks. An average response rate for external surveys is around 10% so I was a little under that.
I have an average of 1900 page views on my blog each month. January of this year (2016) was a record month for me with 4200 page views. Comparatively these numbers are not large but I remind myself that when I started I didn’t expect to have even one reader. Northwest Mountain Living is really, for me, my journal, a creative outlet, and a way to remind myself to appreciate life. I am honored that others take the time to see what I am up to!
Here is a rundown on what respondents reported.
1. Which topics do you enjoy the most? Respondents had the option to choose all that apply.
81% said Style/Fashion
44% said Health/Wellness
69% said Home Life
The results suggest I am hitting it about right. I do mostly fashion, followed by home life and then some health and wellness.
2. How many posts per week do you prefer?
69% said three times a week
31% said two times a week
0% said once a week
It looks like I am close to meeting expectations of the majority of readers. I try to post three times a week.
3. Which days of the week do you prefer to receive a post?
56% said Monday/Wednesday/Friday
31% said Tuesday/Thursday
13% it didn’t matter to them
4. When asked the time of day preferred by readers to read posts they said:
38% Any time of day was fine
5. I asked if readers would like to know where I purchase items shown on my blog.
94% said yes
6% said no
6. When asked if they would like to see ads or links to where I purchased items, respondents said:
50% said yes
31% said no
19% said they didn’t care either way
7. I asked readers if they followed me on social media.
33% follow on Instagram
25% follow on Twitter
58% follow on Pinterest
33% follow on Google+
42% follow on Facebook
8. I asked how readers know when I put up a new post.
31% are notified by the email option provided on the blog
0% said they were notified through social media
13% said they followed using Bloglovin
50% said they just check regularly to catch the latest post
9. When asked how often readers visit the blog they reported the following.
33% visit once a week
33% visit twice a week
27% said they visited whenever they were notified of a new post
7% visit once a month
10. I asked readers how long they had been following my blog, which I started in November of 2013.
25% reported reading for less than six months
50% reported reading six to twelve months
25% reported reading for one to two years.
So there you go! Now I have to figure out how to use this information to improve the content of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by!