Too Busy To Cook Roasted Tomato Soup
I thought I would throw out an extra post this week so I can share what's cooking in my kitchen. I love to cook but usually don't have the time to take pictures and create a post. But sometimes I come up with something too good to not share!
We all have times when we don't think we have enough time to make a meal from scratch.This is my go-to for those times. It is completely healthy, tastes amazing and takes about 30 minutes start to finish. You can exchange ingredients to meet your tastes or what you have on hand.
6 to 8 fresh roma tomotos (any kind of tomato will work just fine)
2 fresh pacilla peppers (red peppers can be used for a more mild flavor)
3 to 4 gloves of garlic (leave in skin)
1 red onion (any type of onion is great)
2-4 cups chicken broth (vegetable or beef broth work great too)
canned tomato paste
extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt
fresh cracked black pepper
For garnish, sour cream ( I use Greek yogurt), avocado, and cilantro. You can use anything you love.
- Slice tomatoes and peppers in half and toss in olive oil and place on a cookie sheet ( I cover my cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up).
- Slice the onion in quarters and toss in olive oil and place on cookie sheet.
- Toss the garlic left in it's skin in olive oil and put on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sea salt and cracked black pepper on everything. Put into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- After everything is roasted put it in a soup pot making sure to squeeze the garlic out of it's skin.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and heat up the mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. (This is optional but I find it gives the soup richness and thickness and enhances the color).
- With a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add more chicken both to the taste and consistency of your choice.
Note: I love to make grilled cheese sandwiches and slice them in sticks for dipping into my soup. But this soup is amazing and filling just on its own.
set your table
For me one of the most important aspects of making a meal, is presentation. I always try to use fun dishes that feel appropriate for the food. I used fun bowls with handles and placed them on colorful plates.
I often pick up fun dishes at thrift shops and in the stores so I have lots of variety to choose from. I love to set a table where nothing matches.
I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think!
As always thanks for stopping by!
Use the share buttons below to share, pin & like. It's so easy, just one click and that's it!