Last summer I saw the cutest jeans (see below) and thought wow, I think I can recreate these for a fun DIY. It's a good time of year to work on little projects while I wait for the arrival of spring!
Here's What I Did:
1. I took a pair of old jeans, cut them the length I wanted. Tip: Jeans always look best on me if they hit the smallest part of my ankle.
2. I filled a bucket up with cold water and added about a quarter cup of bleach.
3. I dipped the jeans keeping them smooth and straight down in the liquid to the level I wanted the faded section.
4. I let them set without moving them for four hours.
5. Then I dropped them down a little further and let them set for one hour.
6. Next I took them out and hung them up outside in the sun to dry. Tip: You could let them dry inside a tub area or anyplace as long as the dripping has a place to go.
7. Once completely dry I washed them in the washing machine and dried them like I normally would. Tip: I always hang dry my jeans to make sure they last. I have jeans that are close to 15 years old that are still perfect.
My next DIY will be a tulip hem which I recently saw and love. I have done about every hem you can name, raw hems here and here, step hems here in white and here in black and here and here in blue, and faded hems as seen in this post. So I might as well try the tulip hem. Here is a pair of cropped flares with sort of tulip hems that I wore last summer.
The jeans are a pair of old straight legs, my sweater is old from the Gap, shoes are Marc Fisher and my bag is Louise Vuitton Never Full GM. I layered some of my necklaces which was really starting to get popular when I took these pictures last summer.
create your own look
I've linked the same shoes in different colors, I am obsessed with the olive green! Then I linked similar pants if you don't want to DIY, and some fun sweaters and bags to create you own look!
pinterest group board
We've all been hearing about using Pinterest to help grow our followings by getting our work out there and I have been taking classes and learning more about using my favorite form of social media. And now I'm inviting you to join my group board titled Style Wise. Check it out here. It was created just a few weeks ago and needs some more inspiration so if you are a fashion and style blogger and would like to be a contributor let me know in the comments section of this post or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can DM me @northwestmountainliving.
Make sure you check out what's new in my Boutique under the shop tab top left!
Thanks for stopping by!
other link ups
I'm proud to participate in the following link ups and am always looking for more! I love to start my day checking in with them and seeing what everyone is doing and connecting!I hope you will join us HERE!
Use the share buttons below to share, pin & like. It's so easy, just one click and that's it!